A black and white photograph of White Hall and its front lawns (left) and the original Faith Hall. Faith hall is the two-story building partially obscured by a utility pole. The tree-lined, unpaved street that is now Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard, and the farmland from the school's Agricultural Division, where Harrison Rhodes Hall, Gross Science Hall, Moore Gymnasium and other buildings now stand, is shown on the far right. This photo was taken when Bethune-Cookman Universty was known as the Daytona Normal and Industrial School for Girls. Large palm and oak trees can be seen in the image. The photographer of the image is unknown.
Black and white photography -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Trees -- Florida -- Photographs; College buildings -- Florida -- Photographs; Thomas White Hall (Daytona Beach, Fla.) -- Photographs; Faith Hall (Daytona Beach, Fla.) -- Photographs; Streets -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Barns -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Croplands -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Panoramic photographs
Number of Images
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
Bethune-Cookman University Photograph Collection
Size of Original Image
22 cm. x 90 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact University Archives, Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 (386) 481-2186. http://www.cookman.edu/academics/library/index.html
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2009.
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on a Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
"Panorama of Bethune-Cookman University campus" (1916). Images of Central Florida. 1786.