Several couples from St. Luke's congregation served as sponsors as a number of new children were baptized in the sanctuary on November 25, 1954. The group then posed for a commemorative photo on the stage of the school auditorium. Left to right, (BACK ROW): 1. Ferdinand Duda, Sr., 2 George Jakubcin, Jr., 3. Andy Duda, Jr., 4. Rev. Stephen Tuhy, 5. Shealy Best, 6. unidentified. MIDDLE: 1. Anna Duda, 2. Jimmie Jakubcin, 3. unidentified, 4. Emmeline Best (holding baby), 5. unidentified. CHILDREN: Kenny De Rousha is 2nd from right. Names of other childrenL Marvin Albritton, John Cox, Kathryn Cox, David Watson, John Bradeux, Larry De Rousha. Small B&W photo, scanned on Epson 10000XL at SLS, 2011.
Slavia (Fla.) -- History
Tuhy, Stephen M., Rev.; Duda, Ferdinand; Jakubcin, George, Jr.; Duda, Andrew, Jr.; Best, Shealy; Duda, Anna Mikler; Jakubcin, Mildred (Jimmie); Best, Emmeline; Albritton, Marvin; Cox, John; Cox, Kathryn; Watson, David; Bradeux, John; DeRousha, Kenneth; DeRousha, Larry
Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's
St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Brick Church 1939-1956
People; Places; Social Life
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Lukeâ€™s Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.
St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.
Digital Reproduction Specifications
This image was derived from an uncompressed TIFF image scanned at a minimum of 400 dpi.
"Baptism of Children, with Their Church Sponsors, Nov. 25, 1954" (1954). Images of Central Florida. 201.