Stetson University's Elizabeth Hall. Named for founder John B. Stetson's wife, Elizabeth. One of the earliest pictures of Elizabeth Hall, before present day wings added on the north and the south sides. Typed note on back of photo: "This section of Elizabeth Hall was completed in 1892. The wings were added in 1897-1898. Elizabeth Hall was given to the University by John B. Stetson and named in honor of his wife, Elizabeth. It has housed, at various times, the School of Business and [School of] Music, the science departments, the Monroe Heath Museum of Natural History, and the Art Gallery. from 1915 to 1934 the Eloise Chimes hung in the cupola." And hand written note on the back of the photo adds "note fence to keep out wandering cows".
Stetson University -- Buildings -- Florida (State) -- DeLand
Number of Images
Side of Image
Back of Postcard
Stetson University - Archives and Special Collections, duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University, DeLand Fl 32723
Stetson University Photograph Collection
Size of Original Image
21 cm. X 28 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Archives and Special Collections, duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University, DeLand, FL 32723 (386) 822-7181. http://www2.stetson.edu/library/specialcollections.php
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Images scanned at 400 dpi on Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
"Stetson University Elizabeth Hall" (1892). Images of Central Florida. 2664.