Stetson University's Sampson Hall. Originally housed the campus' Carnegie Library. A handwritten note on back reads "building given by Andrew Carnegie, erected 1909. H.J. Klutho, Architect, Jacksonville." A typed note reads "First known as the Carnegie Building was built in 1907-08. From 1908 until 1964 it housed the library. During its history it has also housed the literary societies, the Stetson Literary Society for men and the Eusophian Society for women, the YWCA, the YMCA, sorority chapter rooms, sewing class, the art department, speech, American studies, and Foreign Languages."
Stetson University -- Buildings --Florida (State) -- DeLand
Number of Images
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
Stetson University Photograph Collection
Size of Original Image
18 cm. X 22 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Archives and Special Collections, duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University, DeLand, FL 32723 (386) 822-7181. http://www2.stetson.edu/library/specialcollections.php
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2009.
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on a Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
"Stetson University Sampson Hall" (1909). Images of Central Florida. 2885.