Images of Central Florida



image preview


1957 Church; Chancel of 1957 church; Transepts of 1957 church; Altar


A view of the chancel of the church (as expanded in 1957) as it looked in 1987, after extensive interior remodeling. In an effort to provide more seating for worshipers, the offices, etc. were removed from the south transept and pews were installed in that space. To provide a better view from all angles of the church, the altar was moved forward from the east wall, the dossal curtain was removed, and a new lighted cross decorated the brick wall. The organ was moved to the west wall of the south transept (from its original location at the front of the nave) to make way for the new pews, as well. This remodeling occurred during the early years of the leadership of Pastor Edwin Rossow.




Seminole County, Fla.

Side of Image

Front of Postcard


St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Brick church 1957-1992; St. Luke's Church Archives



Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke’s Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.


1957 Church; Chancel of 1957 church; Transepts of 1957 church; Altar