Images of Central Florida

 

Preview

image preview

Photographer

Unknown

Keywords

Wedding; Original wood church

Description

Guests, including Katarina Strauch Mikler (far right, others unidentified) leave the original, wooden church after a wedding in 1938. There were at least 3 weddings ceremonies in the little wooden church that year and it is not known at which of those occasions this photo was taken. At that time, the little church stood in what today is the cemetery property. Note the white 'bridal runner' that stretched over the ground from the door of the church to the parking area. Sepia snapshot scanned on Epson 10000XL, SLLC, 2011.

Date

1938

Subjects

Slavia (Fla.) -- History

Subject-Personal Names

Mikler, Katarina Strauch

Coverage-Spatial

Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)

Coverage-Temporal

1938

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Back of Postcard

Repository

St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Original church 1912-1938

CFM Storyline

People; Places; Social Life

Identifier

DP0013037

Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

This image was derived from an uncompressed TIFF image scanned at a minimum of 400 dpi.

Date Digitized

2011

Keywords

Wedding; Original wood church

Share

 
COinS