Images of Central Florida



image preview




Demolition; Construction, 1991-92; Interior of 1957 church


View of interior of the 1957 church as it looked in 1990, shortly before this space was gutted for the church expansion project. When the space was later 'restored' there were a number of changes made in this interior. Of note: 1. the balcony (which had been used for choirs and over flow seating) was removed 2. the 'cry room'(divided from the sanctuary with sound proof glass, at the rear) was removed 3. Sections of the original stained glass windows were replaced, but without the small ornamental sections under the window arches or decorative symbols. Instead, the windows in the remodeled interior were surrounded with clear glass to allow more daylight. Some stained glass windows from the demolished north transept were then placed in this (1939) space, as well, and some were inserted in the window openings of the bell tower. 4. The 'narthex area' included 2 small restrooms and a staircase leading to the balcony in the 1957 version of the church shown in this photo. Those interior elements were eliminated during the 1991 expansion.




Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)

Side of Image

Front of Postcard


St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Brick church 1957-1992; Katherine G. Mikler Collection



Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke’s Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.


Demolition; Construction, 1991-92; Interior of 1957 church