Images of Central Florida



image preview


Demolition of 1957 addition; 1957 Church


During the demolition of the 1957 addition to the church, c.1990-91, in preparation for the building of a new sanctuary, the 1939-built portion of the brick facility was retained. To protect the stained glass windows and other features from damage during the demolition, the windows were removed and sent to a facility in the midwest to be re-leaded. The gutted structure was then boarded up, awaiting extensive remodeling at the completion of the building project. The 1939 facility was then used as a chapel and was connected to the new sanctuary by a narthex area.


c. 1990


Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Front of Postcard


St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Brick church 1957-1992; Church Archives



Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.


Demolition of 1957 addition; 1957 Church