Images of Central Florida



image preview


Michael, Lyndol


1957 Church; North transept; Chancel, 1991


Shortly before the demolition of the 1957 addition c.1990, many colored images were made to preserve the memory of that space. But it should be noted that major changes were made in the chancel area c.1986: the altar was moved forward, the pulpit was removed and stored for use in the new sanctuary (dedicated in 1993) and both the communion rails and baptismal font were relocated during this short period. The changes were made to assist the congregation in addressing the need for more space as they investigated the possibility of erecting a larger facility. During this same period, the church offices were moved from the SOUTH transept and that space was used to accommodate more worshipers at the Sunday services.




Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Front of Postcard


St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Brick church 1957-1992; Church Archives



Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.


1957 Church; North transept; Chancel, 1991


Image Location