Images of Central Florida

 

Preview

image preview

Contributors

Duda, Judy DeCoste

Keywords

Lutheran Haven; SR426; Chapman Road

Description

The Lutheran Haven's first "Home for the Aged" and a "Home for Children" were built and dedicated in 1947 on contiguous acreage south of St. Luke's Lutheran Church and extending to Chapman Road. A photo from that time shows the two buildings from a distance. The camera was aimed southward and the photo was taken from the west side of a narrow two-lane "country road." In 2015... almost 70 years later... a digital image reveals that the narrow road had evolved into a divided highway (SR 426) and that the two original Haven buildings had since been demolished and replaced with many new structures to serve the greatly-expanded Lutheran Haven Retirement Center and its ministries. The Chapman Road/SR 426 intersection is visible in the distance. (Chapman Road was merely an unpaved tractor trail in 1950, when the historic photo was taken.

Date

1947

Coverage-Spatial

Seminole County, Fla.

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Front of Postcard

Repository

St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church; E. Centennial era Year 2012-

Identifier

DP0019913; JD_9

Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.

Keywords

Lutheran Haven; SR426; Chapman Road

Share

Image Location

 
COinS