Images of Central Florida



image preview




Blueprint; 1957 Church; Rogers, James Gamble II


A blueprint (SK-9) found in the archives of St. Luke's Lutheran Church shows a plan drawn by noted Winter Park architect, James Gamble Rogers II, for expanding the small brick church erected in 1939 by elongating the nave and adding transepts to create a new cruciform shape. The blueprint is dated January 27, 1956. Also scanned, a revised version of same print, updated to Feb. 20, 1956. The demolition and expansion were done that same year (while the congregation worshiped in the school auditorium for a few months, but it is known that there were some changes made to the plan for the chancel area before the construction actually occurred. The newly expanded structure (which also included a balcony, office space and a "radio room" for broadcast equipment) served the congregation for another 30 years before additional changes and, finally, demolition of the transepts became necessary.




Seminole County, Fla.

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Front of Postcard


St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

C. Brick Church 1957 - 1992


DP0020218; SLC_C378

Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

Jpeg2000 images were derived from previously scanned jpeg images.


Blueprint; 1957 Church; Rogers, James Gamble II


Image Location