A black and white image of the Palatka Metropolitan Council of Negro Women recreation center, of which Mary McLeod Bethune was a member. The building is white, two-story building with a metal roof and a small chimney. On the side of the building is a small sign which reads, "Memorial to E. W. Lawson, The Palatka Metropolitan Council of Negro Women Recreation Center." On the front of the building is a sign that reads, "Metropolitan Recreation Center." A power line stretches from the side of the building up and to the right. Trees can be seen in the background. The photographer of the image is unknown.
Black and white photography -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Trees -- Florida -- Photographs; Buildings -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Chimneys -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs; Electric lines -- Florida -- Daytona Beach -- Photographs
Number of Images
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
Bethune-Cookman University Photograph Collection
Size of Original Image
21 cm. x 26 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact University Archives, Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 (386) 481-2186. http://www.cookman.edu/academics/library/index.html
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2009.
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on a Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
"Palatka Metropolitan Council of Negro Women Building" (1950). Images of Central Florida. 55.