The Bryant Slides Collection
Construction of the church began in 1770 and was completed in 1813. It was demolished earlier last century, when only its tower survived. Several years later it was rebuilt under its original design. In 1986 it was converted into the Museum of the Cuban People's Struggle against the Counterrevolution.
Automobile -- Models -- Design and construction; Automobiles -- Cuba -- 1950-1960; Bell towers -- Cuba -- Trinidad -- 1770-1813; Church architecture – Cuba; Church buildings – Cuba; Clock towers -- Cuba -- Trinidad -- 1770-1813; Cobblestone roads – Cuba; Country life -- Cuba – Trinidad; Cuba -- Description and travel; Muesum of the Cuban people's Struggle against the counterrevolution; Museums – Cuba; San Francisco de Asis (Trinidad, Cuba); Sancti Spiritus -- Churches – Cuba; Trinidad (Cuba) -- Buildings, structures, etc.; Trinidad (Cuba) -- Social life; Woodwork
Sancti Spiritus (Trinidad, Cuba) -- Caribbean region
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: email@example.com
Link to Descriptive Guide
"The Church of San Francisco de Asis in Trinidad" (1956). British West Indies Cuba Slides. 40.