With historical addresses and other ceremony the Pensacola Historical Society on June 9, last, unveiled a monument on the site of William Panton’s garden adjoining the headquarters and warehouse of Panton, Leslie and Company. Now only the foundation of that old building remains. But here, for many years before 1800, long trains of packponies were loaded with goods which found their way into Indian habitations throughout the whole country between the Mississippi, the Tennessee, and the Chattahoochee rivers.
Society, Florida Historical
Florida Historical Quarterly: Vol. 14:
2, Article 8.
Available at: https://stars.library.ucf.edu/fhq/vol14/iss2/8