The Baptists and Presbyterians already had active congregations in Gainesville, Florida, when, in 1868, the Episcopalians formed "Trinity Parish." Land was secured and in 1873 a frame church was built on north Main Street where the Masonic Temple now stands. This structure served the needs of the parish for over three decades.
Kersey, Jr., Harry A.
"St. Augustine School: Seventy-Five Years of Negro Parochial Education in Gainesville, Florida,"
Florida Historical Quarterly: Vol. 51:
1, Article 7.
Available at: https://stars.library.ucf.edu/fhq/vol51/iss1/7