A view of the town of Saint Augustine, and the English camp before it, June 20, 1740, by Thomas Silver. The map includes troop and battleship locations, and lines of attack. Seven battleships are numbered and named accordingly. Also demarcated, are trenches and key locations with descriptions contained below the map, alongside the location information is a brief account of the Siege of Saint Augustine.
Saint Augustine (Fla.) -- Pictorial works -- to 1800.; Battlefields -- Florida -- Saint Augustine.; Siege of Saint Augustine -- Sieges, 1740.; Battleships -- Florida -- Saint Augustine.; Military topography -- Florida -- Saint Augustine -- Maps.
Saint Augustine (Fla.)
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
Archives and Special Collections
Size of Original Image
27 x 16 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information contact the respective holding institution.
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2005.
Digital Reproduction Specifications
This image was derived from an uncompressed TIFF image scanned at a minimum of 400 dpi.
Silver, Thomas, "A View of the Town and Castle of Saint Augustine, and the English Camp Before It, June 20, 1740" (1740). Images of Central Florida. 151.