Composite shot of Stetson students in the original gymnasium and a model kindergarten in DeLand Hall. A handwritten note on back reads "Pictures taken in the interior of the DeLand Hall when it housed the University. Picture at upper left [was] taken in the interior of the first gymnasium which was built by Mr. Stetson in 1891. C.T. Sampson supplied the equipment. The building originally stood northwest of Stetson Hall. In 1935 it was moved to its present location near the swimming pool and is used as an Intern Center by the Education department."
Stetson University -- Buildings --Florida (State) -- DeLand
Number of Images
Side of Image
Back of Postcard
Stetson University Photograph Collection
Size of Original Image
18 cm. X 22 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Archives and Special Collections, duPont-Ball Library, Stetson University, DeLand, FL 32723 (386) 822-7181. http://www2.stetson.edu/library/specialcollections.php
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2009.
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on a Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
"Stetson University students in the gymnasium and model kindergarten - composite shot" (1890). Images of Central Florida. 2952.