Images of Central Florida

 

Preview

image preview

Photographer

Unknown

Keywords

Confirmation; Congregation; Original church

Description

The entire congregation of St. Luke's church gathers outside the original church building to celebrate the confirmation of three of their young members on October 31, 1937. More than 80 people are gathered for the photo. The young confirmands (dressed in white) can be seen in the 3rd row, center. They are (left to right): Sue Mikler, Mildred Mertan and Emily Jakubcin. In the 2nd row, Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy is seated, wearing clerical robes. Glossy reprint of original photo was scanned at SLLS 2001, courtesy of Ferdinand Duda family collection.

Date

1937

Subjects

Slavia (Fla.) -- History

Subject-Personal Names

Mikler, Sue; Mertan, Mildred; Jakubcin, Emily; Tuhy, Stephen, Rev.

Coverage-Spatial

Seminole County, Fla.; Slavia (Fla.)

Coverage-Temporal

1937

Number of Images

2 images

Side of Image

Back of Postcard

Repository

St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's

Repository Collection

St. Luke's Lutheran Church: Original church 1912-1938

CFM Storyline

People; Places; Social Life

Identifier

DP0013026

Rights Statement

All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Luke's Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.

Digital Publisher

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.

Digital Reproduction Specifications

This image was derived from an uncompressed TIFF image scanned at a minimum of 400 dpi.

Date Digitized

2001

Keywords

Confirmation; Congregation; Original church

Share

 
COinS