A catalog providing pertinent information at the time for students. It includes a Roll of Students list for 1879 to 1880, information about the institute and its academic programs, and rules regarding student life. The cover notes that Cookman Institute was "Founded and Sustained by the Freedman's Aid Society, of the Methodist Episcopal Church." NOTE: Cookman Institute, originally in Jacksonville, Florida, was officially incorporated into Mary McLeod Bethune's Daytona Normal and Industrial School for Girls in 1923, in Daytona Beach, forming Bethune-Cookman College.
Universities and Colleges -- Curricula -- Florida (State) -- Daytona Beach -- Catalogs; Universities and Colleges -- Curricula -- Florida (State) -- Jacksonville -- Catalogs; Bethune-Cookman University -- Catalogs; Bethune-Cookman University -- Curricula
Horace Drew's Book and Job Office, Jacksonville, Fla.
Number of Pages
17 cm. x 11 cm.
Bethune-Cookman University Publications
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact University Archives, Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 (386) 481-2186. http://www.cookman.edu/academics/library/index.html
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2009.
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on a Kodak i200 series flatbed scanner.
LSTA Grant 2008-2009
Cookman Institute, "The Catalogue of Cookman Institute, For the Year Ending April 20th, 1880." (1880). Text Materials of Central Florida. 239.