High yield fabrication of chemically reduced graphene oxide field effect transistors by dielectrophoresis
Abbreviated Journal Title
LARGE-AREA; ELECTRICAL-CONDUCTIVITY; TRANSPARENT CONDUCTORS; VAPOR-DEPOSITION; GRAPHITE OXIDE; FILMS; SHEETS; REDUCTION; ROUTE; Nanoscience & Nanotechnology; Materials Science, Multidisciplinary; Physics, Applied
We demonstrate high yield fabrication of field effect transistors (FET) using chemically reduced graphene oxide (RGO) sheets. The RGO sheets suspended in water were assembled between prefabricated gold source and drain electrodes using ac dielectrophoresis. With the application of a backgate voltage, 60% of the devices showed p-type FET behavior, while the remaining 40% showed ambipolar behavior. After mild thermal annealing at 200 degrees C, all ambipolar RGO FET remained ambipolar with increased hole and electron mobility, while 60% of the p-type RGO devices were transformed to ambipolar. The maximum hole and electron mobilities of the devices were 4.0 and 1.5 cm(2) V(-1) s(-1) respectively. High yield assembly of chemically derived RGO FET will have significant impact in scaled up fabrication of graphene based nanoelectronic devices.
"High yield fabrication of chemically reduced graphene oxide field effect transistors by dielectrophoresis" (2010). Faculty Bibliography 2010s. 317.