J. J. Stoner, Madison, Wis.
Hand-drawn map of the bird's-eye view of Sanford, Florida, from 1884. Depicts the city's blocks, street names, and homes and businesses that were inhabiting Sanford in 1884. Also shows Lake Monroe with steamships and sail boats afloat. Some more important buildings have been hand-drawn, including the Presbyterian Church, the Sanford House Hotel, the Episcopal Chruch, A. E. Philips Drugstore, Florida Land and Colonization Company office, Trafford & Hardware Co., the Lyman Bank, the South Florida Railroad Depot, and H. B. Lord's jewelry store. Throughout the map are small numbers that have been written on, and at the bottom of the map is an index with the corresponding house/building shown.
Pictorial maps -- Florida -- Sanford; Florida Land and Colonization Company (Sanford, Fla.); South Florida Railroad Company
Beck, Charles H. (1853-1898); Lord, Henry B.; Magruder, James Bailey, Sr. (1859-1925); Murray, W. A.; Phelps, Lyman; Philips, Albert Edwin (1845-1920); Trafford, Edward Robert (1839-1906)
Number of Images
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
Size of Original Image
60 cm. x 47 cm.
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information contact the respective holding institution.
Electronically reproduced by the Digital Services unit of the University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, 2011.
Digital Reproduction Specifications
Jpeg2000 images were derived from 400 dpi tiffs scanned on an Avision FB 6080E Book-edge Scanner.
Beck & Pauli, Litho., Milwaukee, Wis., "Bird's Eye View of Sanford, Fla., Orange Co., 1884" (1884). Images of Central Florida. 2448.