Rev. Paul Stanko, a relative of Martin Stanko, one of the founders of Slavia and St. Luke's Church, in a photo which appeared in the Centennial booklet produced by Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, OH, 1992. Rev. Stanko was listed as one of the "spiritual sons" of that congregation (originally in Cleveland). His connection with St. Luke's remained strong since one of his brothers and several of his sisters and their families became members of St. Luke's and the Slavia community as time went on. In 1957, Rev. Stanko was invited to serve as an officiant and speaker at the dedication of St. Luke's newly remodeled and expanded sanctuary on May 5th. Scan from "100 Years of God's Grace," commemorative booklet produced by Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Parma, OH, 1992.
Slavia (Fla.) -- History
Stanko, Paul, Rev.
Seminole County (Fla.); Slavia (Fla.); Cleveland (Ohio)
Side of Image
Front of Postcard
St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School; DSpace at St. Luke's
People; Places; Social Life
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact St. Lukeâ€™s Lutheran Church at 2021 W SR 426, Oviedo, FL 32765 or (407) 365-3408.
St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Oviedo, Fla.
Digital Reproduction Specifications
This image was derived from an uncompressed TIFF image scanned at a minimum of 400 dpi.
"Rev. Paul Stanko" (1992). Images of Central Florida. 272.