About This Journal
The Journal of Health Occupations Education (JHOE) is an archived official publication of the Health Occupations Education Division of the Association for Career and Technical Education.
The following universities have hosted JHOE since its inception in 1986:
- University of Alabama-Birmingham
- University of North Carolina
- University of Iowa
- University of Central Florida
- History of the Journal of Health Occupation.
Image Quality and Format of JHOE Online
Originally published in print, the 1986-2000 issues of the Journal of Health Occupations Education were scanned and converted into Adobe PDF format. All original marks, fonts, and graphics have been retained. The scanning process resulted in minor inconsistencies in font size and darkness. While significant editing would improve the consistency, the amount of effort involved is too great to be feasible.
Original Online Version Support
The original online version of the JHOE included support from the following people at the University of Central Florida:
- Larry Hudson, Instructional Programs And Educational Leadership
- Meg Scharf, Library for initiating the approval process as a " first" for UCF
- Dave Retherford, Jon Findell, and Margie Garland-Aguilar for scanning and conversion, of the Digital Image Processing Lab (DIPL), through the Office of Instructional Resources, directed by Dr. Ruth Marshall
- Joel Hartman for providing the opportunity through a spring university-wide showcase event, bringing all the people together
- The Health Occupations students enrolled in EVT 3312, summer 2000, through the Program in Vocational Education and Industry Training, in the College of Education, for their site review and suggestions for improvement