This article examines the Department of Communications at John Carroll University between 1984 and 1999. John Carroll is an independent, Catholic, coeducational university founded in 1886 by the Society of Jesus. It is located in University Heights, a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. The Department of Communications is located in the Humanities division of the College of Arts and Sciences. Essential for the growth of the department has been a clear holistic philosophy that have been implemented in hiring, budget, curriculum and co-curricular decisions.
Schmidt, J. J. (1999). John Carroll’s department of communication: Growth at a small university. Journal of the Association for Communication Administration, 28(3), 113–123.